Welcome to Water Draws - Pipe Prover Calibrations
- Prover Inspection
- Prover Recondition
- Waterdraw Calibration
All Units are setup as follows:
- Stainless steel cans with fixed anti-swirl plate to eliminate a vortex during draining.
- Stainless steel bottom drain valves.
- 2 spirit levels on cans 90 degrees apart for accurate leveling and scale reading.
- All units are equipped with its own four-way valve.
- 2” pump and motor for circulating water. (110 volts)
- 220 feet of 1 ½” hoses per unit.
- Turbine meters with digital read out for accurate ball speed movement (GPM).
- Certified gauges and thermometers traceable to NIST
- Scope calibrate pipe provers by method of water.
- Purpose To ensure that the calibration is performed in accordance with the API MPMS requirements.
- Reference The following references are available for review of the detailed procedures:
- API Chapter 12, Section 2, Part 4-Calculation of Base Prover Volumes by the Water Draw method.
- API Chapter 4, Section 7- Field Standard Measures.